Introducing Castr Paywall | The Easiest Way to Earn Money with Live Streaming4 min readReading Time: 4 minutes
We are excited to announce the latest addition to Castr streaming solution: Video monetization. The first feature–Castr Paywall, is released for monetizing live streaming using our HTML5 player.
Paywalls are a great way to generate revenue for content creators, as it allows them to charge for access to their work. Paywalls have many advantages over other monetization strategies: they can be implemented in minutes, they don’t require any technical knowledge or experience.
In this article we’ll explain how Castr Paywall works and show you why using our platform will help you earn money with live streaming!
What is Castr Paywall?
Castr Paywall is a monetization tool for live streaming and hosting VOD to earn money from video content without depending on any other third party platform. In this initial release, Castr users can set up Paywall to collect viewer emails or earn money with Pay-per-view pricing mode.
The Paywall feature is built into Castr’s HTML5 player. The protected stream can be embedded on any website or accessed directly with an URL.
Before a viewer can access the stream, they have to sign up and make payment. You will need to connect with a Stripe account and have it process your revenue from Paywall.
Paywall Payment Types
In the beta release, Castr supports two setups for Paywall: Pay-per-view and Collect emails only.
- Pay-per-view: The pricing you set for the stream is the amount your viewers have to pay to get access. All transactions are processed and secured by Stripe.
- Collect emails only: This paywall has no fee, your viewers only have to sign up with their emails. You can manage and use the subscriber’s information for other promotions.
If you are in the 7-day free trial period, you can only use the Collect emails only model in Paywall. Upgrade your account to an All in One paid account to unlock other Payment Types.
Manage Subscriptions in the Paywall tab
In your Castr dashboard, you can find the new Paywall tab next to the Video Hosting tab. This is where you can view all Paywall-related information, including the purchasers, monetized streams, and viewer information.
- Transactions: View all transaction records with the time and date, monetized streams, subscriber emails, payment currency, payment amount, and subscription status.
- All Streams with Paywall: View all streams with Paywall enabled, the time and date, paywall type, currency, the total payments, refunds and total earnings of each stream.
- Users: See all signed up viewers, with the list of streams, subscriber’s names and emails, and their subscribe time.
- Payment Method: View the connection status of Stripe and Castr Paywall.
- Brand Settings: Make sure all monetized streams are unified with your brand. Paywall branding includes the stream’s player page and the emails your audiences receive after they signed up. Learn more
How to Set up Paywall for an All in One stream
Castr’s All in One stream is a solution for livestreaming with powerful and easy to use features. The All in One plan includes website livestreaming, multistreaming, video hosting, and pre-recorded video streaming.
Now with the new addition of Paywall to the embeddable player, Castr users can explore new ways to grow as a business with livestreaming.
Below is how to set up Paywall for an All in One stream:
- Go to the Paywall tab and connect your Stripe account with Castr
2. Once Stripe is connected, you can start choosing a Payment Type
3. If you choose Pay per view, enter the pricing you want for this stream. This is how much each of your viewers has to pay to get access to the live video.
4. Click Activate Paywall
5. Castr will provide an URL that links to the new Protected Player Page with Paywall enabled of your stream. Plus, a Register Link and Login Link for your audiences to sign up and log in to the stream easily.
That is all the steps to start earning money from live streaming with Castr. Paywall is currently in beta version and does not have any revenue commission applied.
This is a first step of a long term development. Make sure you stay tuned for the upcoming updates for Paywall from Castr!